Singapore Airlines Facebook competition – Terms & Conditions
Singapore Stopover Holiday Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The “Singapore Stopover Holiday Competition” will run on the campaign website http://singaporestopoverholiday.com/ and the official Singapore Airlines Facebook page.
- The competition is run by Singapore Airlines Ltd and Singapore Tourism Board. (hereinafter the “Promoters”)
- Promotion commences on 31/03/2017 at 9:00am AEST and ends at 11:59pm AEST on 15/05/2017 (“Promotional Period”).
- The Promoters reserve the right to amend or cancel these Terms and Conditions, prizes, definitions and other information at any point during the Campaign. By participating in the Campaign, the participant agrees to accept these Terms and Conditions set out herein. All decisions made by the Promoters regarding this Campaign are final; no further correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or older.
- Entry to the competition is free.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoters, and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- A participant can join the Campaign via the Campaign website by engaging with all hotel and attractions content, completing the game of memory, filling out a (i) valid name, e-mail address and phone number at the end of the game, and (ii) agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoters reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate. The Promoters are not responsible for any problems with the network, computer hardware or software, or any breakdown or failure that results in the participant’s posts or any other information becoming incomplete, damaged, or lost. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoters reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- The participant may enter this competition numerous times.
- There will be one Prize Winner. The Prize Winner will be selected by the Promoters from the shortlisted participants.
- The shortlisted participants are based on the amount of correct answers in correlation to the amount of time it took to finish the Singapore Stopover Holiday Competition.
- The Prize Winner will have answered the questions as correctly as possible in the shortest time possible.
- In the event that there is a tie (the highest score shared by more than one participant), the prize will be awarded to the first participant who completed the challenge.
- The Prize Winner will be notified by Singapore Airlines via email from 02 June 2017.
- Once the Prize Winner has been notified, they will have 24 hours to respond and accept. If they do not respond to the Promoters within 24 hours, the Promoters has the right to revoke the prize and award it to another participant.
- The Prize Winner will be selected on 01 June 2017 at 9.30 AEST at 70 Croydon Street, Cronulla, NSW, Australia, 2230 Australia.
- The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize Winner will win two (2) return Economy class tickets on Singapore Airlines for travel from Australia to Singapore, including three (3) nights Singapore Stopover Holiday package including hotel accommodation in a category I hotel. They will also receive two (2) Universal Studios Singapore Day Pass and Express Pass, two (2) 1-day ticket to S.E.A. Aquarium, Spa vouchers up to a value of S$300, Food & Beverage vouchers up to a value of S$700. All vouchers are to be spent in Singapore and the choice of spa and Food & Beverage merchants are at the Promoter’s’ discretion. The Prize Winner will get to choose which city they wish to travel from in Australia:; Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney. Getting to and from the Airport is the responsibility of the winner. The winner is solely responsible for any costs they incur for travel to and from the point of departure and any other costs they incur in taking the prize.
- If the prize is unavailable, the Promoters, in their discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- When an entrant submits any materials via the promotion including their entry (“Content”), the entrant, unless the Promoters advises otherwise, licenses and grants the Promoters a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoters will not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoters may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoters may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content; (c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoters for any breach of the above terms.
- Any cost associated with entering the promotion is the entrant’s responsibility.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliated companies) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliated companies) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters’ control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) taking and/or use of a prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoters and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the Promoters, including:
• The redemption of prize must be booked with Singapore Airlines by no later than 30 September 2017.
• Travel must be on Singapore Airlines operated services only and must be completed by 31 March 2018.
• The redemption of prize must be made at least three (3) months prior to travel date.
• Attraction tickets, spa and food & beverage vouchers must be used within the same travel period as Singapore Airlines ticket travel period.
• Passengers can depart from Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney.
• The winner and their companion must travel together on all sectors operated by Singapore Airlines.
• Reservations are available on a firm basis, however are subject to availability at the time of reservation. A preferred flight cannot be waitlisted if not available at time of booking.
• Tickets¹ are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-upgradeable and non-redeemable for cash.
• Any tickets or vouchers which remain unused after expiration date shall be deemed null and void. Extensions are not permitted.
• The recipient of this prize is responsible for all government taxes, airport charges, travel costs to and from the point of departure, accommodation, spending money, travel insurance, freight, excess baggage, meals, insurance surcharges, ground transportation and any other expenses.
• The prize includes fuel surcharge but excludes Government and airport charges. Payment for Government taxes and airport charges must be made prior to ticket being issued and are payable by cash or credit card only.
• For further detail and terms and conditions on the Singapore Stopover Holiday please see the following link: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/au/plan-travel/packages/singapore-stopover-holiday/before-you-book/
• Passports and visas are the responsibility of the winner.
• No Frequent Flyer points will be given are not accruable as part of this prize.
- The Promoters collect personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoters may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoters. All entries become the property of the Promoters.
- Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoters and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoters and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoters are Singapore Airlines Limited ABN 52 001 056 195 (“Singapore Airlines”). Level 9, 233 Castlereagh Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 and Singapore Tourism Board ABN 70 357 668 108(“STB”). Level 11, 47 York Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
¹Tickets referring to air tickets, attraction tickets and vouchers